Back to OASIS3-MCT home
- The informations contained in the namcouple are written by the global
process 0 (over all the models) in the file nout.mpi_rank_global
OASIS_debug which will be used to write informations into debug files
known util oasis_namcouple_init is called, and nlogprt is read in the
OASIS_debug = namlogprt
OASIS_debug is initialized to 2.
- Use of SCRIPR alone : by default option of mapping are src and bfb
When using SCRIPR alone, the remapping file is written by the master
proc of one of the models and the name of the remapping file is
automatically defined by the SCRIP library. Then the mapping operation
is done reading this file. By default, when the option MAPPING is not
explicitely present, the options src and bfb are used.
- Use of SCRIP + MAPPING :
When using SCRIPR + MAPPING, the remapping file is written by the
master proc of one of the models but the name can be chosen by the
user. Then the mapping operation is done reading this file. The mapping
is done following the options that are specified for MAPPING (src/dst
- The names of the models given in the namcouple not used anymore. The
names are constructed directly from the argument of oasis_ini_comp (see
- One variable (grouped or not) is defined using oasis_def_var and it
is associated to the ID varid which is given as input to oasis_get and
If one variable is implied in more than one coupling (for example one
source field sent to two targets), then there are ncpl couplings for
this variable: ncpl = prism_var(varid)%ncpl.
Each coupling is characterized by a cplid =
prism_var(varid)%cpl(nc), with nc=1,prism_var(varid)%ncpl
In OASIS3-MCT_2.0, all the informations of a coupling was contained in
the structure prism_coupler(cplid) but it is more complicated in
OASIS3-MCT_3.0 as data can be exchanged between two components in the
same executable or within the same component.
In OASIS3-MCT_3.0, all the informations about the coupling is contained
in two structures pcpointer => prism_coupler_put(cplid) and or
pcpointer => prism_coupler_get(cplid)
There is a number of fields nflds = pcpointer%nflds associated to each
variable varid, which correspond to the gradients of the fields if
BICUBIC or 2nd order CONSERVATIVE interpolation are performed.
- INCLUDE 'mpif.h'
- All coupling is now direct. Gets are
blocking, puts are non-blocking.
- MPI2 job launching is NOT supported.
- Ability to send and receive more than 1 field within a coupling
- The dimensions of the grids must be given in the
- If a variable is defined using oasis_def_var but is not in the
namcouple, put var_id = OASIS_Var_Uncpl : this variable must not be
- The grid can be written in grids.nc, masks.nc, areas.nc by the master
or by all the processors.
names of the source coupling fields must be different from the name of
the target coupling fields in the namcouple