To use OASIS3-MCT for coupling models (and/or perform I/O
actions), one has to follow these steps:
- Obtain OASIS3-MCT source code (see chapter ).
- Get familiar with OASIS3-MCT by going through the tutorial steps. The tutorial sources are given in directory examples/tutorial and all explanations are provided in the document
- Identify the coupling or I/O fields and adapt the codes to
implement the coupling exchanges with the OASIS3-MCT coupling library based on MPI message passing.
The OASIS3-MCT coupling library uses NetCDF and therefore can also be used to perform I/O actions
from/to disk files. For more detail on how to use the
OASIS3-MCT API in the codes, see chapter .
- Define all coupling and I/O parameters and the transformations
required to adapt each coupling field from the source model grid to
the target model grid; on this basis, prepare OASIS3-MCT configuring file
namcouple preferably using the
Graphical User Interface (see chapter ).
OASIS3-MCT supports different interpolation algorithms as described in
chapter . Remapping files can be computed
online using the SCRIP options, or offline and read in during the run using the MAPPING
We strongly recommend to tests off-line the quality of the chosen transformations and remappings using the environment available in examples/test_interpolation and explanations provided in the document test_interpolation.pdf therein.
- Generate required auxiliary data files (see chapter
- Compile OASIS3-MCT, the component models and start the coupled
experiment. Details on how to compile and run a coupled model with OASIS3-MCT can be found in section .
If you need extra help, do not hesitate to contact us (see contact
details on the back of the cover page).