The OASIS Coupler Forum

HOME

ERROR: namcouple variable not used

Up to Specific issues in real coupled models

Posted by Anonymous at June 18 2020

Good evening.

I'm working on coupling OpenIFS cycle 43r3 with NEMO 3.6 and a modified version of the EC-Earth river routing scheme, all with OASIS3-MCT4.

At first, the model seems to be defining all the coupling fields ok, but then fails with the message (oasis_coupler_setup)

ERROR: namcouple variable not used: R_Runoff_oce (oasis_abort)

ABORT: file = mod_oasis_coupler.F90 (oasis_abort) ABORT: line = 1150 (oasis_abort) ABORT: on model = rnfma (oasis_abort) ABORT: on global rank = 815 (oasis_abort) ABORT: on local rank = 0 (oasis_abort) ABORT: CALLING ABORT FROM OASIS LAYER NOW R_Runoff_oce is the runoff from the river router with is sent to NEMO.

The namcouple chapter for this is:

R_Runoff_oce O_Runoff 9 10800 4 rnrunoff EXPORTED

722 511 722 511 opar opaf LAG=0

P 2 P 2

LOCTRANS SCRIPR MAPPING CONSERV

AVERAGE

GAUSWGT LR SCALAR LATITUDE 1 9 2

rmp_opar_to_opaf_GAUSWGT_ORCA05.nc dst

GLBPOS

I should add that neither the restart file rnrunoff or the remapping file exist yet, since this is the first time step I've ever done. The message suggests that R_Runoff_oce is not defined, but I've checked the nout.000000 and debug.root.?? files, and I can clearly see that R_Runoff_oce is defined. I also added a print statement in the river router just so I know it does OASIS_DEF_VAR.

Does anyone know what the problem could be here? Many thanks in advance for any help! /

Joakim

Posted by Anonymous at June 22 2020

Hi all This is no longer an issue. I solved it. The problem was that O_Runoff, i.e. the name of the received runoff field, was not defined properly. I don't know why OASIS says the problem is with the sent field R_Runoff_oce. That got me really confused. 

Cheers Joakim

Posted by Anonymous at December 4 2023

Dear sir,

Can you elaborate on how this was resolved, I'm having the same problem and have no clue at the moment.

Thanks

Posted by Anonymous at December 4 2023

Dear sir,

Can you elaborate on how this was resolved, I'm having the same problem and have no clue at the moment.

Thanks
Reply to this