The OASIS Coupler Forum

HOME

$END in namcouple files

Up to Specific issues in real coupled models

Posted by Anonymous at November 3 2017

Hi,

Currently all the namcouple files we use feature "$END" to terminate every section of a namcouple. i.e. we don't just have a single $END at the end of the file, but we have things like: $RUNTIME 8600 $END $NLOGPRT 5 0 $END etc. etc.

I'm not sure why we have these, clearly the documentation does not say that we need them, but they don't seem to break anything and the example toy model systems do seem to contain these (e.g. oasis3-mct/examples/tutorial/data_oasis3/namcouple_TP).

Anyway, I'm looking at getting rid of these instances of $END from our namcouple files. According to the user guide, the only place $END seems to be officially required is right at the end of the namcouple, however, during my tests it seems that things still work OK even if I remove that one remaining instance.

So could you confirm if $END is really needed at all in the namcouple?

Thanks.

Posted by Anonymous at November 7 2017

Hi,

I did some tests on a simple toy with OASIS3-MCT_3.0 and effectively it is not mandatory anymore to have any $END in the namcouple.

Best regards, Laure

Posted by Anonymous at November 8 2017

Thanks.

It's of particular interest to us because we need to modify and/or create namcouple files automatically and up to now we've tended to search for $END when parsing files. So now we know they're not essential I'll redesign our processes so that we no longer rely on the presence of $END.
Reply to this